Friday, September 11, 2009

Busy Day Tips

Thanks to those of you who came out to cooking club last night. The theme was Busy Day Entree's and Last Minute Desserts. All cute babies were welcome.

In addition to eating delicious food, we shared some tips for cooking on a busy day.
Emily says she likes to make soup on a busy day. Beth suggested making a crockpot full of chicken and freezing it so you have it handy when you're in a hurry. I suggested using canned chicken. (Yes, I know it doesn't taste the same. Did you hear the part about being busy?)
We all agreed that crockpots can be lifesavers when you have a lot going on. Also, Burger King. But Laura says don't go there. (But not in a "Don't go there, girlfriend!" kind of way. She really meant don't go there.)
What are your cooking solutions on a busy day?

1 comment:

melissa said...

I just thought of something else I like to do. We're a small family, so we never eat a full 9x13 pan of anything. Whenever I make something like lasagna or enchiladas, I make two square pans and freeze one. Then I have a frozen, homemade meal handy for busy days.