Sunday, September 30, 2012
1 family size box of chicken Rice-A-Roni (I only did a normal size box)
1 can of water chestnuts
1 can of chopped or sliced olives (I didn't have any and I liked it fine w/o)
1 jar of chopped pimentos
Chopped green onion (as much as you like)--I did 3 or so
Chopped celery (as much as you like)--I think I did one stalk
Drained sliced marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (I only did half a jar)
Cook the rice-a-roni as directed. Let cool. Add other ingredients, except for mayonnaise. Stir. Add the mayonnaise to the consistency that you desire. (It tastes better if you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to let the ingredients soak in.) If it is stored in the fridge for a few hours, you may need to add a little mayonnaise before serving. Enjoy!
Submitted by Lindsay Staples (from Allrecipes.com: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-salad-i/#)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans
- 1 (16 oz.) bottle French dressing
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) package tortilla chips
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 c. prepared salsa
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and drain excess fat. Stir in the taco seasoning, chili beans and French-style dressing. Fill the dressing bottle 2/3 full of water and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Crush the bag of chips, open the bag, and toss the broken chips into a large bowl with the lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. When the meat mixture is done, combine it with the lettuce, tomatoes, chips and mix well. Then, add salsa and sour cream.