Friday, November 13, 2009

Ooey Gooey Brownies (AKA Totally Healthy Brownies)


Submitted by Wendy Holt

You can make this as difficult or as easy as you want.  If you have a homemade brownie recipe that you love you can use that or you can do it my way.


1 brownie mix (I used Aldi not Betty Crocker*)

1 jar of marshmallow fluff

1 can of frosting


Bake Brownies according to package. (I find it easier to do a 13X9 pan and have thinner brownies since you have toppings.

Spread marshmallow fluff when brownies are somewhat cool

Spread frosting on to of marshmallow fluff.



Enjoy



I normally make my own frosting for these but I didn't have time last night here is my recipe for that:



Chocolate Frosting

6 tbls butter (melted)

1/2 cup of baking cocoa

2 2/3 cup of powdered sugar

1/3 cup of milk

1 tsp vanilla



Mix butter and cocoa. Alternate adding sugar and milk beat to spreading consisting (additional milk may be needed). Blend in vanilla.

* The opinions expressed in this recipe are not necessarily those of Cooking in the Groves.

No comments: