Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rice-A-Roni Salad

Submitted by Laura Hintze

1 family size box of chicken Rice-A-Roni (I only did a normal size box)
1 can of water chestnuts
1 can of chopped or sliced olives (I didn't have any and I liked it fine w/o)
1 jar of chopped pimentos
Chopped green onion (as much as you like)--I did 3 or so
Chopped celery (as much as you like)--I think I did one stalk
Drained sliced marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (I only did half a jar)
Mayonnaise

Cook the rice-a-roni as directed.  Let cool.  Add other ingredients, except for mayonnaise.  Stir.  Add the mayonnaise to the consistency that you desire.  (It tastes better if you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to let the ingredients soak in.)  If it is stored in the fridge for a few hours, you may need to add a little mayonnaise before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments: