Saturday, January 21, 2012
Chocolate Mixed Berry Tart
Submitted by Lili Barbosa
1 pkg. cracker cookies (international aisle)
7 Tbsp. butter
1/2 Tbsp. cold water
1 3/4 milk chocolate bars (large Hersheys)
1 3/4 dark chocolate bars (large Hersheys)
1 medium size heavy whipping cream (300 ml)
1 Tbsp. sugar
1. Mix berries with 1/2 cup sugar and heat on stove to make jam topping.
2. Blend cookies in blender then put in pie pan (with removable sides). Pour melted butter and water in and mix until crumbs are saturated. Press on sides of pan, then bottom. Put in oven for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Wash, cut and dry strawberries. Only cut green stem off strawberries (to keep juices inside). Fill bottom of pan with whole strawberries (top down).
4. Melt 1 3/4 milk chocolate & dark chocolate (large bars) in microwave.
5. Blend 300 ml whipping cream in blender.---10 pulses then add 1 Tbsp. sugar and blend about 30 seconds (til peaks form). Then mix with chocolate and pour in pan over strawberries. Let set in fridge 3 hours or freeze approximately 30 minutes.
6. Top with berry jam and fresh berries.