Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup


Submitted by Laura Lopez

Noodles:

2 beaten eggs
4 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cup flour

Beat eggs and milk together add salt and slowly add flour. Knead dough for 10 minutes. Then let it stand for 20 minutes.  (You do not need a pasta press; if you have one then that's fine too.) I roll mine out on the counter with plenty of flour underneath. Then take a pizza cutter and thinly slice long strands. I then rub flour on top of dough, pull them apart and add to soup mixture.

Chicken Soup:

Earlier in the day boil chicken. When finished, I like to let the chicken cool down in the water. You can also set it in the fridge to pull apart later if needs be. I use the broth that the chicken was boiled in, because it adds more flavor. I then add in 1 Tbsp. of chicken bouillon to the water and garlic salt to taste. It's really just a chicken broth you're doing. So you can add whatever you want to it. Slice up some carrots and anything else. My mom always did celery but I hate the stuff :) Add noodles, let cook on med-high for about 30 minutes until noodles are cooked through. Then add chicken 10 minutes before serving.

No comments: