Saturday, February 13, 2010

Curing Cabin Fever

Those of you who couldn't make it to our last cooking club meeting at Shauna's, here's what you missed:
(Shrimp on the barbey!  In the snow!  In February!)

Shauna was an awesome host and we had a great time.  She put her Jamba Juice experience to use and made some delicious smoothies!  Spinach Smoothie, anyone?
Yes, you read that right.  I was more than a litle skeptical about it.
It really just tasted like bananas and cinnamon.  Then I remembered I was drinking spinach and I was done.

This was definitely one of our tastiest cooking club meetings, yet!  I can't wait to try everything.  We did discuss cooking briefly.  We talked about taking one day out of the week to prepare for upcoming meals.  If you get the prep work out of the way, you're more likely to make something delicious and nutritious.  We talked about meals that freeze beautifully and came up with: lasagna, chili, meatloaf, marinated pork chops, browned ground beef, and many casseroles.  If you have any other suggestions, be sure to share it with us in a comment.  Also, frozen cooked meat works best if you let it thaw on it's own and not in the microwave. 

See you next month at Mandi Cooper's home.  Details to come!

1 comment:

wendy holt said...

I am SOOOO Sad I missed it! Ben was working...blah blah blah, the kids were asleep but I don't think the baby monitor goes that far. But my recipe is the one from Our Best Bites. Spicy Honey Chicken Salad. So GOOD!!